My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Tough Subject


 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see the chaos in our world today and have many different feeling about it. I am one of those people that hate to offend others. I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings and sometimes that means that I just don't say what I really mean. I would not say anything to intentionally hurt or offend anyone else but is that being true to myself? I don't have all the answers. I think that our world today has gotten to a point where no matter what you say, it will offend someone. I feel strongly about this. 


We all have our own opinions. My opinion will not be the same as everyone. My religion may not be yours. But that is what is so great. I am allowed to have my own thoughts. If I voice these things, it's not meant to say that I am right and that you are wrong. And I am not trying to push my ideas on you. There are times when everyone has to agree to just disagree. As I have my own thoughts and ideas, I should respect that everyone else has their own thoughts and ideas. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean they don't have a right to them. 


This is the same for religion. I am suppose to tell people about God and I am suppose to live my life according to His laws. Does this mean that I am suppose to push my religion on others? No! But I am not going to be offended because you have a different belief. Others thoughts and beliefs push me to learn more. And knowledge is power. The more we learn about our history and present times, the more that we can better ourselves. If you don't study history to figure out why we have made some of the mistakes we have made, then we never learn from them and are bound to repeat the same mistakes over and over. 


I believe that if we loved more, there would be less hatred in this world. I also believe that instead of being offended, try to be understanding and learn from each other. There needs to be more compassion toward others. And understanding someone else's opinion doesn't mean I have to agree with them, it just means that I need to know they are entitled to their own thoughts, feelings, and opinions. Don't let outside influences rule you (such as media). Do a little research and form your own opinion but be careful that you use credible resources when doing research. Not everything on the internet is true.


 I challenge you to learn something new today. Study something about something that might offend you and try to figure out why it offends you. I hope that you have a beautiful day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...