My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Being Understanding

 


Good morning y'all. I've been thinking a lot (don't be scared 😉) about how we treat each other. I'm blessed because I don't have a vengeful nature. There are times that I hold grudges but I'm only hurting myself when I do that. I've made snide remarks and always regret them. As I have gotten older, I think God has given me a little wisdom (I am still waiting on more). I know that the bible says that revenge is not for us. 


I think that one of the hardest things to do is to put ourselves in other peoples shoes. First, we have look beyond our own pain and that is not always easy to do. We want others to know that we are hurting. That comes down to just being acknowledged and understood. And the second thing is believing that there is good in this world. We have to realize that we all make mistakes and no matter the pain that causes, we have to move on. It doesn't give anyone the right to reach out and hurt others. What I mean is if someone hurts me (physically, mentally, or emotionally) it does not mean that I have a right to hurt someone else. 


One of the steps to this is understanding. What is that person going through? Are they hurting and lashing out because of their hurt? I'm not saying that it is right for them to do so. I'm saying that we should try to understand that most of the time, they aren't necessarily trying to hurt us, it's more of the pain inside of them trying to be expressed. At least that is my opinion.


I guess what I'm trying to say is to love one another even if it is from afar. I think that the world would be a far better place if we try to understand each other rather than being self centered and only think of how we are feeling. Each of our feeling are valid and we have a right to our feelings but be cautious of our reactions. They have a ripple effect. Good reactions can have good ripple effects but by the same token bad reactions can have damaging effects.

I hope that y'all have a wonderful day. Try to put yourselves in someone else's shoes and see if that gives you a better understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...