My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Monday, August 3, 2020

Controlling My Emotions



Good afternoon y'all. I have thought long and hard about what I wanted to journal today. First, my Covid test came back negative! (Yeah) I enjoyed Hayden this weekend. He seems to open up a little more every visit. He is such a cool kid. I am getting Eli next Sunday and I can hardly wait. Then on the 14th, I'm hoping to get Miss Eva. The before school rush is on! lol

I actually got to go to my group therapy today. It was weird being there again. But I know that it is where I need to be. It almost feels like a failure to me even though I know that it isn't. Life threw me a curve ball and I wasn't ready for it. But instead of hiding out from the world, I'm going to face it head on. 

One of the things that I have learned in my life is that I don't control others! Once I realized that I can only control my reactions to things, I have been a happier person. I don't control what happens in this world and I wouldn't want to anyway! I would never be happy. And I am in control of if I am happy or not. It's all a matter of perspective. I will do what I think is best for me, my husband, and my family. Is it always right? Heck no. I make a lot of mistakes and I try to learn from them. I'm a work in progress. 

This depression thing is no fun! It's hard work and sometimes I feel like just giving up but I am not a quitter! I was in a video featuring the Intensive Outpatient Therapy for New Horizons in Yoakum, TX. Here is a link to the video. https://www.facebook.com/cottagemgmt.org/videos/830586547137827/
And here are the pictures from the video and from now. 

                                 

So today is a good day for me. This is the message from Cottage Management LLC that I received today. It made me feel so good. 


This has always been my motto and I will post it so that maybe it will help others as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...