My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Monday, August 24, 2020

Fishing is Fun

 

Good morning y'all! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. As I told you, I got to go fishing this weekend. We left on Thursday and met my brother in Port O'Connor. We visited and went to eat that night. On Friday, we got up and left the RV around 5:30 am. We got the boat in the water and headed out. The waves were too big to go out as far as we had wanted. We started catching snapper. We were within 9 miles of the coast so we were able to keep them. We caught 4 of them. Wesley caught a king fish. Bobby caught a gaff-topsail fish and Randy caught one as well. I caught 2 snappers and one trout. Wesley caught a snapper as well. The pictures below are of Wesley's king fish and a shark that I caught but threw back.

                                                 


On Saturday, we went out a little farther. The waves were pretty calm on our trip out. I let my line out. We were in about 200 feet of water. We were using cut bait. I sat for a few minutes until something took my line. I was using a saltwater rig with 60 lb test line. I couldn't get the pole up, the fish was taking the drag and there wasn't anything I could do. I was using my entire body strength and still couldn't bring the pole up. Randy took the pole and was trying to fight it. The fish went into a structure under the water and ended up breaking my line. But the adrenaline was flowing. I had never hooked into something like that. I don't know what it was but it was still great. Randy set up my line again and I baited the hook. I let my line back out and the following picture is what I brought up. Now, it's not snapper season and we were too far away from the coast to keep it but I got a picture anyway!

My hands were cramping up and I was shaking so bad. But it sure was fun. As I was resting my arms and hands, a storm blew in. We had to head in because the waves were getting bad. It took us 4 hours to get back in. I want to thank my brother for going slow on the way back in. Large waves not only beat a boat and a person but it scares the crap out of me.

I hope that y'all have a wonderful week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...