My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Monday, August 10, 2020

Finding Joy

 


Good afternoon, y'all. So I had group therapy today. It was good. We discussed gratitude. I like to start my mornings by thinking of things that I am grateful for. It seems to set the tone for the day. Two of the things that I am thankful every morning is: 1-That God gave me another day. 2-That I can get out of bed without help. We all know that we are not promised tomorrow so that is why I'm thankful for another day. And there was a time when I couldn't get out of bed without help. 

The other thing that comes to mind is joy! Here are two definitions of joy:

I truly think that joy comes from within. I find joy in the simplest of things. Seeing a hummingbird or a butterfly always brings a smile to my face. Even in my darkest moment, I can find joy. It's no secret that I miss my grandson Ezzy very much, I have finally found some joy in simple things again. Grief is such a hard thing but I know that I am not honoring him by being sad. He wouldn't have wanted that. He was always smiling and full of joy. He would want the same for everyone that he knew. So I am going to really work on this and to keep reminding myself this. 


I just love talking with my daughter. She is such an inspiration to me. So it's no secret either that I have been having issues with someone. Well, Tiffany has been saying "assume that everyone is doing the best they can at that moment" for a good while. I inherently think the best of people until proven wrong but I don't usually think that someone is doing the best they can when I am upset with them. Now, as she told me, this doesn't mean that they are not responsible for their actions because they are responsible. I feel comfortable with this now. This and prayer has taken away my anger which in the long run only hurts me. 

The only thing that I want to focus on is my grandson, Eli, who is here this week and finding joy in my life. I challenge you to find things in your life to be thankful for and to look for joy within yourself. I hope that your day is going great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...