My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Animals!


Good morning y’all. I don’t know what I want to write about today. This week has been a lazy one for me. I haven’t felt like doing much. I did the touch up on Kai’s birthday gift. I just need to put another coat of polyurethane on it and it is done. I have Eli’s gift that I need to wrap before Saturday. I am excited about going to his birthday party this year.

I guess that my kids might be right about me spoiling my animals. Lucy is such a mess already. Let me tell you what she does. When I wake up, she wants some attention, so I pet her and love on her for a bit. Then she thinks that it is time for Wesley to get up and give her some attention. If he isn’t up, she stands by the bed or puts her paws up on the side of the bed and whines. After this morning routine, she lays down. When Wesley leaves for work, she comes to me and whines some more.

When the kids wake up, she is extremely happy to see them awake. Now, when they leave for school, she comes to me and whines even more. The rest of the day is pretty laid back, until around 4 pm. This is when the kiddos come home. She starts whining at the door. I guess she has some kind of built-in alarm. She goes kind of haywire for a bit and then calms until Wesley come back home.

The evening is full of her stealing our stuff and trying to hide it behind my chair in the living room. She loves to get in the bathtub before you but jumps back out when the water gets to her paws. And while you are in the shower or tub, she is trying to steal you towel, clothes, or house shoes.

The kid’s bedtime is 8:30 and all is good. When Wesley goes to bed (about the same time), she starts whining and barking. I put her onto the bed and if I don’t go to bed, she stands on the bed and whines. If I go out of the room, she’ll jump off the bed and come find me. She will whine until I get up and go to bed. Once I am in bed, she’ll get under the covers with us and go to sleep.

I think that we should have named her whiney butt! But she always brings a smile to our faces except when she tears up something that we left within her reach. I love watching her and Dilly playing together. Sometimes, I worry that they are too rough, but I know without a doubt that Dilly can hold her own or get up out of her reach.

Animals have been proven to bring joy comfort to people. I suggest to anyone to get you a companion if you don’t already have one. I hope that you all have a wonderful day.


2 comments:

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...