My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Spiritual Gifts


Good morning y’all. I’ve had an enjoyable weekend so far. Saturday morning, at my church (Austin Street Baptist Church) we had a LIFT (Ladies In Fellowship Together) meeting. It was awesome. We had a guest speaker and we talked about spiritual gifts. It says in the bible that the greatest gift from God is love. Now I’m not a bible scholar but I do believe that it is. The ability to love and to be loved is so great. The feeling that it gives you inside is inexplainable. I know that when I look at the people that I love, the feeling that I have gives me such great joy. I am getting a closer relationship with God but at times it has been such a struggle.

One of the hardest things for me has been “love thy neighbor”. I’ve been hurt over the years, just like most of you, but I have a hard time letting those feelings go. I know that I am supposed to let go of those feelings but sometimes I don’t know how. Jesus went through so much torture and died for me and yet he forgave me even though I don’t deserve to be forgiven. I think that part of my struggle has been ‘how can God forgive me when I can’t forgive myself’.


One of the other things is that I wonder what my spiritual gift is. And if I don’t know what it is, how can I use it to glorify God? I wish that God would just write it down and say, “This is your spiritual gift, and this is what I want you to do.” But I guess that he has done this by giving us the bible. But the catch here is that I must read it and let God tell me through His word what I am supposed to do. As like most things, I want the quick and easy way, ‘just tell me’. So these are the thoughts running through my head this morning.

After the meeting, we went with a couple of people from church and took the kiddos bowling. They had such a great time. Thank you, Christina Cherry and Lisa Harris, for the wonder time. I hope that we can do it again sometime soon.

I’m going to say that I hope that all you have a wonderful day. I challenge you to learn something from the bible that you don’t learn in Sunday School or a Church service. That is what I am challenging myself with.


4 comments:

  1. You have several! Great cook, loving,understanding, encouraging, and a heart for the orphans (there are different definitions for orphans) but you have always been one to open you home to those in need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much. I know that you are one of my most wonderful gifts from God!

      Delete

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...