My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween everyone! I slept really well last night but I am moving really slow this morning. I have my first cup of jo down and about to start working on my second. The kiddos got off to school in their costumes. And I just found out that it is supposed to rain this afternoon. I’ll have a story and pictures for you tomorrow. The only hint that I will give is that Nick, the youngest, made a comment about 5 weeks ago that I couldn’t embarrass him at school!


I’m wondering if I am sleeping too much. I slept 9.5 hours last night. I take trazodone to help me sleep. Before this, I was lucky to sleep 4 hours at a time and I was tired all the time. Now I sleep well. I think that I will cut back on the amount of the medication to see if I have a good sleeping pattern now. It is taking me a couple of hours to truly wake up and get moving. I don’t feel sluggish, just takes me a bit to warm up.


My grandson, Eli is now part of the UIL chess team. I am so impressed and proud of him. I’ll have to challenge him to a game. I love chess.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the amount of homework that Pheby and Bubba have almost every night. They struggle, and it takes them more time to do assignments, but this is getting ridiculous. They come home at 4:00, they get a drink and start their homework. I usually have dinner at 5:00 – 5:30. We eat and clean up the kitchen. Then they are back to doing their homework. At 7:30, I make sure that they start showers and get ready for bed at 8:00. So, on average, they do 2.5 hours of homework every night. And they are in school for 7.5 hours. Does this seem a little excessive to anyone else? There is no time for down time. Just my opinion.

I’m going to close this blog by wishing you and yours a safe and Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. Yes I agree my grandson is in 1st grade and the note from teacher says in the beginning of school that homework shouldn’t take more then 30 mins but it takes us over 1-11/2 hrs. With reading it’s krazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...