My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Trying To Stay Busy!



Good afternoon y'all. I realized today that I didn't journal yesterday. I started out the day painting on planter boxes that I have. I will post a picture of that when I get them done. I stained a couple of planter boxes for my daughter to put in Ezzy's garden. They came out a little darker than I was hoping for but I was afraid to go the lighter shade thinking they might be too light. But I think they turned out nice. I hope that she likes them. I had them made by Dustin's Backyard Builds in Hallettsville. I love the job he did on them. Check him out on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/dustinsbackyardbuilds/?epa=SEARCH_BOX I've never posted a link before so hopefully it works.


I also got the main part of Wesley's quilt done. I need to put a couple more rows around to make it fit our queen sized bed. I want it to come down below the box-springs. But so far I'm really happy with it. It's folded twice in the picture but you get the idea. I can't wait to get it done.


I have been saying for a good long time that I was going to clean the shelves in my sewing room. I have 4 set of shelves, 2 in each corner. I managed to get one corner done. I don't think that our trash can would have held everything if I had done all of them. But I'm happy with it. I even have more room to go buy more fabric! 😲



As I was going through stuff, I found the following. Just so you know, when the grandkids make us some artwork, I display it until I get more. When I take down some of the older stuff, I put it in a file. This I found with some of the paperwork that I went through.


I have a bunch from Eva and Ezra. My daughter posted that Eva had a really hard night last night. My heart hurts for her. We want to protect those that we love from hurt and this is one hurt I can't make better. She was such a wonderful big sister to him. And he absolutely adored her. They were not just brother and sister but playmates and (I'm sure) confidants for each other. I'm 53 and can not comprehend, so I can't imagine how a 4 year old would process this. I feel very blessed that I have the confidence in her parents and their love and God, to help her navigate her way through it. There isn't a day that I don't think of him. Some days, the pain is less and then some days, it'll knock me to the ground. I just keep praying for God to strengthen me and to give me some peace.

I have lost 60 lbs since my surgery. I have lost 103 lbs since my highest recorded weight. I say recorded, I have never owned a scale until now so I am going by my pcp's records. If there is anyone out there that is hesitant, for me it has been the best decision of my life. The last picture is today.

 



I hope that y'all have a wonderful day. I have a lot of things planned for today so I might as well get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...