My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Yes, I had surgery!



Good evening everyone! I am going to start trying to practice a little more self care. I want to do something healthy for myself. As I have posted in a previous blog, I had gastric bypass surgery on 3-25-20. I have shown you pictures of my journey but I have not shared a lot about the journey itself.

For most of my adult life, I have struggled with my weight. I didn't make the right choices and did really stupid things to hurt my body. Of course, I never thought that getting this big could happen to me.

My husband and I got married in November 14, 2009. At that time, I went to my first Bariatic Seminar. My insurance wouldn't cover it even though I was diabetic, had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a host of other medical problems. And we didn't have $20,000 to pay for the out of pocket.

Things got worse over the years medically. Each time we had an insurance change, I would look into it. Now, at the time, I was looking for an easy fix to my obesity problem. But I wasn't committed to making any changes.

10 years later, I was finally able to get the surgery. But I have had to make a lot of changes within myself. I also had to make changes in how we eat and how I cook. I'm not a big veggie fan. I prefer meat and potatoes or meat and pasta. I honestly use to think that surgery was the easy way out. But I am here to tell you that there is nothing easy about it.

Even though I can't eat much anymore, I still hunger for my comfort foods especially this last month. Physically my body is changing but the big struggle is the mental growth that must accompany this life change. But want to know something?


Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...