My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The start of the Holiday Season


Good Morning Y’all. I have been busy with kids. On Saturday, we cleaned the house and ended up barbequing with some friends. Bernice, Martin, Karen, and Rob all came over. We enjoyed them so much. Bernice had a very long day, so they left early. Karen and I took on Rob and Wesley at a game of dominoes. I wouldn’t want to brag but we beat the guys 3 games out of 4. But regardless, it was a really good night.         
 
 

On Sunday, we went to church then came home to bake desserts for the bake sale. It was so cool, Pheby made banana nut bread. Nick made a red velvet cake. I made peanut brittle. Wesley and Bubba made pecan pies. That evening, we went to meet Lisa in Giddings to get Eli. We took the kids for McDonalds for dinner (yummy 🤢). I now must share him with others. I used to get him all to myself but not any longer. But I am so thankful that his mom works with me so easily. Kids are so busy everyday that there is little time for family members that live a little distance away. I don’t know how my grandparents did it. We lived 6 hours away from them. We didn’t get to see them a lot but when we did, it was so special.





On Monday, we had a bake sale for the children of our church, Austin Street Baptist Church. Oh My Goodness, it was so cold. We had fun nonetheless and sold quiet a bit. I really appreciate everyone who bought stuff from these kids. I think that we might have done better if we had been at a different location and on a different day. But you learn as you go. 
  

So today is going to be an easy one. We are doing laundry, we cleaned off the bar for Thanksgiving and I am letting the kids play on the Xbox. When I get finished with this blog, I’m going to go sew. I have 9 put together but need to complete so that Bernice and I can tie them. After I get these 9 done, I can go buy the rest of the material for the 12 that are left to do. I can’t seem to let myself go buy more until I finished up the ones I have the material for.

I hope that you have a productive and happy day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...