My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

What to do?


Good morning. I’m hoping that your morning is going great. So far, mine is going wonderful. I got a good night’s sleep and God allowed me to wake up. How could anything be better than that? I want to make the most of this glorious day. I just looked at our weather for today and it looks like another cold front is supposed to come in. We have 100% chance of rain this evening.

It’s been a month since the kiddos went back to their mom. I think that we might be experiencing empty nest syndrome. Wesley has it a little more than me. I feel guilt because I don’t have it more than I do. I’m enjoying it being just him and I again. We go and do whatever we want without any thought of anyone else. This is when the guilt hits me. Don’t get me wrong, I miss them but I’m enjoying it just being Wesley and me.

When I cook, it doesn’t take long and most of the time, we have leftovers for the next day. It takes me three days to get enough dishes to run the dishwasher. I just hand wash them and put them into the dishwasher to dry.

As I reread this, it sounds so selfish to me. Is it wrong to feel this way? I love all my grandkids and would take anyone of them if the need arose, but we’ve already raised our children. I wouldn’t change anything that we did. I think it was needed. We are lucky that the mom got herself together. I still worry if we did the right thing letting them go home. They do seem happy when we talk.

I’m not sure what I am going to do today. I don’t have anything planned so we will see where it takes me. I do know that I am going to change my bed and wash everything. I am going to Victoria with my BFF, Bernice, to pick her son up at the bus stop.

Whatever you do today, enjoy it. Be thankful that God allowed you to wake up. Think of all the small stuff that you have to be thankful for. That always brightens my day. Hugs to you!


2 comments:

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...