My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Time Slips Away


Good morning y’all! I will start today by say thank you to God for bringing us some much needed rain. And with the rain comes cooler weather. I love cooler weather, it makes me feel more energetic. I am looking forward to our church service this morning. We have missionaries from Africa coming in to visit. I’ve often thought that I would like to do something like this, but I am not sure that is what God has in store for me.

Through all the things that I have gone through in my life, I have often wondered what my mission in life is. I know that God has a plan for me, I just wish He would be more direct with me and write it down. I just hope that I am following His will for my life now. I am one of those people who need very specific instructions and I’m not sure that I am following Him the way that I should. I know that the Bible is my instruction manual, but I don’t know if I understand it well enough. I get something new every time I open it and then I think that maybe I have been misunderstanding what God has been trying to tell me.


I am looking forward to this week because there are two days that I don’t have plans. Monday, the boys have counseling in Hallettsville and I have an aftercare meeting. Tuesday, YEAH me, nothing is planned. Wednesday, we must go to court. Thursday, I just have packing and getting ready for our trip. Friday, heading to South Padre Island. Saturday, I get to see my brother get married to a wonderful lady.

I am thinking that we will have some time to spend on the beach Friday. On Saturday, Randy will be getting married to Kathy around 3:00. As the reception, there will be a pool party and fish fry. I am only making the tarter sauce and I will be cooking breakfast for Sunday. I think that I am going to make an egg/hash brown casserole. I will post pictures after we return from the weekend.


I doubt that I will be doing this blog over the weekend. I am going to be spending time with family. It has been a while since we have gotten together. My oldest brother, Mark, and his wife, Lynn, won’t be there and they will be missed. And my two boys won’t be there. But some of my nieces and nephews will be there. It is so hard to reconnect with your family because everyone is so busy. I just don’t think that everyone understands how important family is.

I see people post things on Facebook about the importance of family, but it takes effort. To stay close, it doesn’t just happen. You have to make the time. I’m guilty of not doing this. Before we got custody of our grandchildren, Wesley and I use to go see my brother at least once a month. Now we have only gone to see him a couple of times this whole year. I also used to go see my daughter every month. It is so much harder to pack of all the kids up and leave on a Friday afternoon and only spend Saturday with anyone to turn around and pack up to come home on Sunday.

I love my family and would do anything for any one of them. I try to tell them every time I speak to them how much I love them because we aren’t promised tomorrow, and I don’t want to have regrets should something ever happen that I couldn’t tell them just what they mean to me.

On this note, I am going to stop writing and try to wake up my husband. I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday. And I have a challenge for you today, call someone up that you haven’t spoken to in a while and tell them that you love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...