My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

SMH


Good morning everyone. My morning is going slow. I can’t believe that it is almost 11 and I haven’t accomplished anything yet. I don’t like to discuss politics and I’m not actually going to. But this is what has brought this subject to mind for me.

I'm pretty sure that most of you know who President Trump's Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, is. And what he is being accused of. There are two accusations and they are being made by Christine Ford and Deborah Ramirez. The first thing that I notice is that the media is using Christine's middle name on everything just like they do with murders (i.e. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald) Geez, that is harsh in my eyes. 

I looked up the statistics on rape. It is alarming how many don’t get reported and of the few that do, how many actually get prosecuted. Not just women but men as well. For today’s blog, I’m going to concentrate on women. I’m not going to bore you with all the statistical information because you can look it up yourself. I will say that I find it so extremely sad how women are treated.

Is it any wonder that so many women never even report it? This is the way that I look at it. First off, you get raped. You are traumatized and sometimes brutalized. So, you decide to go to the cops and report it. It is their job to get every detail so that they can go after the rapist. This alone seems like it would be extremely brutal, telling a complete stranger details of what happened to you. For evidence reasons, then they want to go get an exam by a SANE nurse. I don’t know that I could go through something like that now much less when I was younger. They have to get as much proof and evidence as possible. After all of this, if the prosecutor does decide to try and convict the rapist, the “victim” has to possibly endure a defense attorney attacking every aspect of their life. Now, I don’t know about you, but I definitely wouldn’t want someone digging into my life to pull up dirt on me because most of us have some kind of dirt in our past.

Some would say that she should have reported it long ago. Maybe she should have, but that was her choice. I think that she is brave in doing so now, knowing that the media and public figures would be skeptical and down right mean to her. And as women, you would think that we would be more compassionate to each other. But you have women that feel no empathy and have never been in that situation and they are so critical of others and so quick to judge. I think that it is very brave to face the world with such a private issue. She saw a man who had raped her possibly becoming a Supreme Court Judge and come forward (with no benefit to herself) and says: hey, this man is not fit to be a judge! That is strength beyond words.

Rant over. I hope that you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...