My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Thursday, September 27, 2018

A typical day


Good morning y’all. I’m on my first cup of coffee sitting here wondering what I want to write about. I thought that I would just start typing and see where it takes me. My hubby helped me put the rocking chair together. I have a little touch up to do and I want to put another coat of polyurethane to protect it from a 3-year-old, if that is possible.


I’m super excited about going and getting two of my grandchildren tomorrow. My bff, Bernice and I are going to Joann’s in Round Rock and we will stop by and pick them up on our way home. They are such a delight for me. They are so full of wonder and excitement that it is contagious. I don’t know what we are going to do this weekend, but it will be fun. I think that I will suggest that Papa needs his toenails polished! (teehee) I have done this in the past and he is such a good sport.



The reason that I want to go to Joann’s is because I need to start on the throws that I want to make for Christmas. I know that some of you think that it is too early, but I have 21 to make. I even ordered a little Christmas already. It’s on three months away and the days are flying by so fast that I’m afraid that it will get here, and I haven’t done anything.



As I have told you, we have three of our grandchildren living here and the youngest is nine. I get so angry sometimes at his parents. That baby broke down last night. I held him as he cried. He is angry and not sure what to do with the anger. Today, he has counseling and he asked if I would come in with him. Of course, I said that I would. He was so lost last night. I can’t make it all go away but I hope that I can make him feel secure with us. Everything that he ever knew is gone. My heart just broke into pieces last night as I held him, and he cried.

I took a little road trip with Lucy. We took hubby some lunch. That was an experience – a beagle in the car with food. When I left out there, I took her to the vet. She weighs 16.9 and loosing some of her baby teeth. She sure didn’t like being held down for the thermometer or the shots. When I got her home, she was sore all evening. But she is back to her normal onry self this morning. There seems to be more days where she is sweet and gentle but of course, she is still a puppy.


I’m going to stop writing for now. I hope that you have a wonderful day and that you do something that you enjoy. I challenge you today to give your smile to everyone you meet and see how many smile back! I love doing that, it is fun to see people smile.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry one day late on comment but better late than never
    Not being able to go with our road trip but I know you are going with awesome company

    ReplyDelete

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...