My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Strong Enough?


Howdy all! I hope that this beautiful day finds you doing well. I find that I am feeling better this morning. I am thankful that I don’t have many of days like yesterday. I wasn’t in a good place. All I wanted to do is sleep and stay to myself. I didn’t want to adult yesterday.

I kind of touched on a subject yesterday that some of you might find yourself in. I don’t want what I said to be misunderstood. I love our grandchildren, all 20 of them. They each have a special place in my heart. I would do anything for each of them, even the ones that I don’t get to see very much.


For the most part, the fun part of being a grandmother (or Nona in my case) is that you get to see them when you want to, and you can really spoil them and then send them home to their parents. This part is so true.

The hardest part of being a grandparent raising grandchildren is that you don’t get that luxury. You aren’t just grandparents but parents as well. It is not that I want to be their Mom, because they have a Mom, but I must act like one. I still try to do the fun things and spoil them but I’m the one that has to deal with the behaviors afterward.

There are times that I wonder if I am strong enough to do this all over again. I know that I am not physically able to keep up with them. However, they give me a run for my money mentally. They are always coming up with things that challenge me. Part of parenting is being one step in front of them and never letting them get the upper hand. This means keeping your wits about you at all time.

I will say that this has been one of the biggest challenges in my life and it has been a very blessed time. The look of excitement about figuring out something for themselves, understanding something from school that has before eluded them, and discovering new things that they haven’t experienced before.

I know that there is so much more to come and hope that I can be a strong enough woman to help them through the hard times. At the end of the day, I know that I am beyond blessed to have this opportunity to make a difference in their lives.

I hope that your day is awesome. If something goes wrong, you can always start your day anew and make it what you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...