My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Monday, September 10, 2018

Rested


Good afternoon everyone. I hope that your day is going well. I know that I have told you how busy I have been. I woke up this morning and was so exhausted that I went back to sleep after the kiddos went to school. I slept until 1:00 this afternoon. I love having the kids here. They keep me motivated and young (maybe not so much). But it hasn’t been an easy transition and I know that I still have rough times in front of me.


Before we got the kids, Wesley and I went whenever we wanted to, never had much of a schedule, and didn’t do whatever we didn’t want to do. Going from that to bedtimes, brush your teeth, chores, get up for school, helping with homework, praise, and discipline isn’t easy. And adjusting mentally is a hard thing. I now had to share my husband and he must share me. We are to too tired to do all the little extras that we use to do for each other.


Then you have the financial difficulties that come along with this. My husband has to work more hours to support us and that means that I’m home with the kids by myself. I think that we both went through the grief process with this. Anger, resentment, bargaining, denial, and acceptance. We didn’t do this alone. We both sought help separately and together.

I found that there are a lot of grandparents raising grandchildren. I found websites that I am a member of that helps me because there are others in the same boat as me. It is always great to find out that you’re not alone.

I know that today is short, but I will try to write more in the morning. I hope that you all have a great evening.



2 comments:

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...