My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Friday, August 17, 2018

Amazing Grace




  


Good beautiful Friday morning. I thought that I would share this video to start out your day. I’m feeling very blessed this morning. I had such a wonderful day yesterday. My pastor called yesterday morning and asked if We needed a queen size bed. It’s an older bed but hasn’t been slept on much. It was in the home of a gentleman, in his guest room. We have been paying on a mattress the we got from one of those rental places. I said yes, of course we would. About five minutes later, Brother Hollas called me back and told me that there was someone at our church that gave him a Walmart gift card for us, to help with school stuff for the kiddos. I was so choked up that I couldn’t speak. He asked me if I felt loved, why yes, I do. Within 20 minutes, the gentleman brought it to my house and even unloaded by himself. I was so touched. It’s a really nice bed with sheets and comforter and dust ruffle.

I always feel blessed that I wake up every morning. I also feel blessed because I can get out of my bed by myself. I am not able to do a lot of things that I use to do. But I don’t dwell on those things. I try to always look toward the positive. I know that God has always been with me even when I ignored him. I will tell you about why and how I know this. I’m not preaching, just telling what has happened to me personally.

In November, nine years ago, I was getting ready to marry my wonderful hubby, Wesley. My daughter had a bachelorette party for me the night before the wedding. I started feeling bad like flu or something. After sleeping, I still didn’t feel good. My daughter doctored me up with Nyquil and other stuff. I think that she was trying to make sure that I wasn’t going to miss my wedding! Haha. I didn’t miss it. I got married and we had a reception at our house. That evening I was starting to feel worse. My groom took me to a local hospital and there was such a long waiting line. One of the nurses that we knew told us that it sounded like the flu and we went to Walmart to get everything that she suggested. So, I never saw the doctor because I didn’t want to sit in the waiting room that long.

A couple of days later, I was running a very high fever and my son Justin told Wesley that he thought that I needed to go to the doctor. I could hardly get out of bed. So my hubby decided to take me to a bigger hospital in Temple. I don’t remember much but I do remember that I wasn’t in the ER for long and that a doctor came to visit me in my room asking if I had been out of the country. I guess that I knew something was terribly wrong with me because I asked my husband to have the pastor of our church come pray over me.



I continued to get worse. Two days after I was admitted, they put me in ICU. At this point, I don’t remember anything. Wesley told me that I fought them in ICU, so they asked him to come in and calm me down. He said that the moment he walked in, I calmed down and smiled at him. So, they allowed him to stay with me all of the time. I’m not sure how long I was in ICU but according to him, I died a couple of times because my organs were shutting down. Within a week of getting married, the doctors told my hubby that he needed to call my family in because they weren’t expecting me to live.

According to Wesley, some of the things that I did while in ICU, were hilarious. They put a dialysis machine on me and he walked up to the bed and evidently, I reach over to him and grabbed a handful of him (if you know what I mean šŸ˜Š). I had what they call candidiasis sepsis which is a yeast in my blood. Of course, I don’t remember anything because they had me on propofol, that stuff that Michael Jackson died of. I don’t remember Thanksgiving that year, but Wesley told me that all the kids came to see me. The nurses lowered my dose of medicine so that I could at least write stuff for my kids to read. I don’t remember it. I don’t know exactly how long that I was in there, but I do remember opening my eyes and there being little red and blue ball all over the ceiling and shutting my eyes really quick and reopening them only to see little mimes, kind of freaked me out. I also had a tube down my throat and my hands were tied to the bed. I remember being so scared, but my loving husband was right there beside me.

The road to recovery wasn’t easy. The doctors had predicted that I wouldn’t make it out of the hospital, but God saw things differently. I walked out of that hospital about a month after I got there. I was on a walker, but I still walked out. When I came home, I had a picc line. We had a nurse coming out three times a week, cleaning and taking care of my picc line. I had to give myself anti-fungal medication through the line.

After they removed my picc line, I started taking a anti-fungal pill. I don’t remember how long this was, but I do remember losing 75% of my hair. That was extremely difficult to handle. You could see my scalp. Wesley bought me handkerchiefs that I tied over what was left of my hair. I recall crying a bunch about this. Like losing my hair was worse than everything else I had been through. smh.

But here I am today! I have several disabilities, but I can still get up and cook, I take care of 4 grandkids, and get some of my other grandchildren whenever their parents will allow. I can’t do all the things that I use to do but I am still up and moving on my own accord. I know that it was God that saved me. I am guessing that God wasn’t finished with me. I just wish that He would just tell me what he wants me to do šŸ˜Š.

So yes, I am very grateful every morning that I wake up and I am very grateful for being able to get out of bed on my own. I don’t focus on the things that I can’t do but on the things that I can do and will do.
Have a wonderful Blessed day!



4 comments:

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...