My thought for the day!

My thought for the day!

Just Breathe!

Tuesday, July 24, 2018



Good morning y'all! I have been up this morning already for an hour and a half. I have been trying to collect my thoughts and organizing myself so that I don't bore y'all with the same pictures every day. I think where I am going to have my problems are when it comes to content. That is where you come in. I am open to suggestions. There is one thing that I don't like to get into and that is politics. I use to debate on a lot of things when I was younger but now, I save my "debating" for the hubby and kiddos.


I think that today will turn out pretty good, hey, wait a minute! How my day goes depends on me!!!! So I am going to have a WONDERFUL day. I remember when Tiffany was a preteen, she was stubborn, onry, and defiant! She would often catch an attitude and when she did, I would send her outside and when she could walk in with a better attitude, she was welcome to come back in the house.


Do any of you remember one child that was always in trouble but the other one hardly ever being in trouble? I'm not sure but I wonder if Danny didn't get in as much trouble because he watched his sister and learned what not to do or was it that he was my baby and I let him get by with more. I'm sure that Tiffany would say I let him get by with more! lol


I remember a couple of stories:


Danny was pulling up on furniture and taking a few steps. I had never moved any of my nick knacks when the kids were little. I had a couple of ceramic deer from Home Interior. I was so proud of them because I had really worked for them. Danny came up to the coffee table and went to put his hands on my deer. I told him "no" and moved him away from the table to some of his toys. He came straight back to the deer. Again, I told him "no" and redirected his attention. Of course, he came right back. This time I swatted his hand and told him "no" with more determination in my voice. I sat back down and that little toot came right back, stood up besides the table and looked directly into my eyes and reached his hand out and touched the deer. Oh no sir, I swatted his little butt and this time he didn't come back to the deer.


Tiffany was in second grade and already very determined. She was mad at me and didn't mind telling me so. She informed me that she was going to live with her dad. I told her ok and for her to get her backpack and get her stuff. I reminded her to get her toothbrush. After getting that, she went to the door and I was sitting on the couch. She turned toward me and asked if I was going to take her. I told her "no, there is the phone and there is the door." The shock on her face was priceless. She started wailing "you don't love me" and she planted herself right at the door. It seems funny now but back then I wouldn't let any emotion show. I went to her and hugged her and told her that I did love her but wasn't going to take her to live with someone else. She took her backpack back in her room and unpacked. I think that I cried over that incident for a couple of hours because it hurt inside that she wanted to leave me.


Well, I hope that y'all have an awesome day and God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tough Subject

 Good morning y'all. I hope that everyone is having a great day and week. I have been thinking of writing this for a while now. I see th...